Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Career important or relations?

I firmly used to believe till date that preserving and nurturing relations was hell lot of important than your career. I mean ya, even the latter is important but not more than the former. But yesterday, when I had a conversation with a friend of mine on this one, he had a rather different view on this; a view which I did not like in the first say, but after thinking about it for a couple of minutes, I got to know its underlying .

He said "I am very selfish about my career,far more beyond my relations."

Now this was what I could not digest and enquired further. Then came the underlying thought beyond what he said "Till the time I dont complete my career, I would not be able to do all that I wish to do and to give it all to the people I consider mine!". Now that was what took me by thought....it really did make sense. Didn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Well all the 3 articles of yours point to a single header and thats "LOVE".
    Well Career and Relations both cant be compared. Each has its own significance.
    Relation can be either personal or professional. Personal front is with your partner,friends, family members etc. And when it comes to professional front, it includes your colleagues, boss's.
    Career grows strong if your relationship is smooth.
    Both go hand in hand. So the existence is totally dependent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was talking here about career in the sense about a period prior to the completion of your graduation or prior to getting a job. But yes, I do go by your viewpoint after I get a job.

    ReplyDelete